The Cambridge Africa Changemakers Scholarship is a very exciting opportunity! It’s designed for postgraduate students from Africa who want to study at the University of Cambridge and make a positive impact on their home country. This scholarship is worth up to £25,000 and covers tuition fees, accommodation, and living expenses. To be eligible, you must be a citizen of an African country and have been offered a place on a postgraduate course at the University of Cambridge .
There are a few more details about the Cambridge Africa Changemakers Scholarship that you might find helpful. The scholarship is open to students from all African countries, but priority is given to students from countries with low representation at the University of Cambridge. The scholarship also has some specific academic requirements, such as a minimum of a first-class degree or equivalent. In addition, you’ll need to demonstrate how your studies will benefit your home country.
Certainly! Here are the eligibility criteria for the Cambridge Africa Changemakers Scholarship:
1. Citizenship: Applicants must be citizens of an African country.
2. Academic qualifications: Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree at a recognized university with first or upper second class honours (or its international equivalent).
3. Master’s program: Applicants must have applied to pursue one of the eligible Master’s programs at the University of Cambridge by the deadline.
4. Leadership potential: Applicants must be able to provide evidence of leadership potential, such as previous leadership roles, community service, or entrepreneurial ventures.
5. Positive impact: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a clear vision for how their studies will contribute to positive change in Africa, such as through research, innovation, or social entrepreneurship.
These criteria are designed to identify applicants who have the academic excellence, leadership potential, and commitment to making a positive impact in Africa that are required to become future leaders and changemakers in their communities and countries.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to apply for the Cambridge Africa Changemakers Scholarship:
1. Check your eligibility: Before applying, make sure you meet all the eligibility criteria mentioned earlier.
2. Choose a Master’s program: The scholarship is only available for specific Master’s programs at the University of Cambridge. Check the list of eligible programs on the scholarship website.
3. Apply for the Master’s program: Apply for the Master’s program through the University of Cambridge’s online application system by the deadline. You will need to provide transcripts, references, and other supporting documents.
4. Complete the scholarship application: Once you have applied for the Master’s program, you can complete the scholarship application form on the scholarship website. You will need to provide information about your academic achievements, leadership potential, and vision for positive impact in Africa.
5. Submit your application: Submit your completed scholarship application form by the deadline. Make sure you have all the required documents and that your application is complete and accurate.
6. Await notification: Successful candidates will be notified by April each year. If you are not successful, you may still be offered a place on your chosen Master’s program, subject to meeting any remaining conditions of admission.
Remember to carefully review the scholarship website and application guidelines for any additional information or requirements that may apply to your specific situation. Good luck with your application!